Chris is a law enforcement professional employed by a large metropolitan agency in North Carolina. Chris’s current duties include urban surveillance, serving high risk search warrants, and teaching defensive tactics and building searching methods to active duty law enforcement officers. He is also a veteran of the US Army where he worked as an airborne infantryman and communications specialist.
Chris’s firearms training includes multiple pistol, rifle, and shotgun courses taught by a variety of instructors and organizations to include: Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn, Bill Jeans, Kyle Defoor, Scott Reitz, Pat Rogers, Paul Howe, Jason Falla, US Training Center and the Surefire Institute.
Chris also has an extensive martial arts background that spans over 20 years. In addition to rankings in several different systems, Chris has experience in Brazilian JiuJitsu, police defensive tactics and military combatives.
Chris believes in the benefits provided by competition and is an active competitor in USPSA sport shooting matches.
Chris’s instructor certifications include:
- North Carolina Law Enforcement General Instructor
- North Carolina Subject Control/Arrest Tactics Instructor
- North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor
- North Carolina Emergency Deployment Instructor
- SureFire and Team One Network Low-Light/Laser Instructor
- Armor Holdings OC/Pepperspray Instructor
- Close Quarters Battle Instructor
- NRA Rifle
- NRA Pistol
- NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
- NRA Law Enforcement Handgun
- NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle
- NRA Law Enforcement Shotgun
- Empty-Hand, Knife, Stick, and Gun Disciplines from the Scientific Fighting Congress
Over the years, Chris has taught numerous members of the Military, Law Enforcement, and concerned citizen communities and presently serves as primary instructor for Defensive Concepts.
Vicker’s Shooting Method
Chris is honored to be one of six firearms instructors in the United States selected to be Vickers Shooting Method regional instructors. Chris began training with Larry Vickers in 2006 and credits him with providing the necessary skills needed to break several training plateaus Chris had encountered. The Vickers Shooting Method has been a huge influence on Chris and he looks forward to being able to share it with all shooters that are interested in learning safe, effective firearm use.